In the continued effort to improve public safety and to bolster the Sint Maarten Police Force, the Honorable Minister of Justice, Ms. Anna E. Richardson, has authorized the Chief of Police of Sint Maarten to initiate the process of recruiting an additional 20 new Police cadets with the focus being on Community Care and security.
“Our main responsibility as the Justice Department is to keep our people and communities safe by protecting and serving. Therefore, we believe that by building a Police Force of qualified professionals to maintain public safety and effective policing, we can establish mutual trust between the Police and our communities which will in turn help us to devise solutions to crime and disorder problems,” the Minister explained. “I believe we have young men and women who have the desire to serve their country with pride and to develop themselves, so we are launching this recruitment drive to give everyone the opportunity to apply, once they meet the outlined requirements.”
Application forms and the criteria in detail, can be found on the Police website: www.policesxm.sx It can be accessed by simply printing, completing, and signing the application form. Potential candidates are also required to include a letter of motivation and their resumes, with the completed application form addressed to the Chief of Police of Sint Maarten.
The application package must be delivered to the Philipsburg Police Station.
Below are the prerequisites to becoming a Police Officer in the Sint Maarten Police Force:
- Education level: VSBO TKL, HAVO, VWO, MBO level 2-3 or level 4 work and think level.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 17 – 35 years old.
- Must have a valid local Driver’s license B.
- Must be a Dutch national.
- Must be registered and living on Sint Maarten.
- Must meet the required height (barefoot) of at least 5 Ft.5 inches for male and 5 Ft. for females.
- Must have good command of the Dutch and English language.
- Candidate should have no history of involvement with the Justice System nor have a criminal Record of any kind.