The Special Unit Robberies is presently investigating three armed robberies which took place on Wednesday August 16th and Thursday August 17th. The victims of these armed robberies were persons either stepping into or out of their vehicle. They were all held at gun point and their valuables stolen. During one of the cases the vehicle was stolen from the victim.
The Police department is doing its utmost to protect you, you family and your property from crime and is therefore advising the entire community and mainly drivers to take the following precautions to avoid becoming a victim.
- Be aware of your surrounding at all times.
- Be alert to suspicious people and vehicles.
- Avoid dangerous situations.
- Park your car in a well-lit area and make sure all windows and door are locked properly.
- Avoid carrying a large amount of cash. Don’t flash it around and carry it in a safe place.
- Pay attention to suspicious persons hanging around.
- When returning to your vehicle or your home, have your keys ready to open the door.
- Before entering you vehicle, check front and rear seats for anyone that may be hiding there. Lock doors immediately after entering.