Skip to content
Search
Search
Home
Pearl FM 98.1 App Audio
Watch Live
Islands’ News
Sports
About Us
Contact Us
Home
News
Islands’ News
Page 650
Category:
Islands’ News
Islands' News
CPS: Prevent polio infection by immunization
9 years ago
Pearl FM
Islands' News
CPS recommends to community to take action against mold
9 years ago
Pearl FM
Islands' News
CPS salutes HCC on action plan launch to prevent childhood obesity
9 years ago
Pearl FM
Islands' News
Top Headlines
Consulate Services Reopen for Guyanese
9 years ago
Pearl FM
Islands' News
Top Headlines
Guyanese Association distributes more than 250 relief packages
9 years ago
Pearl FM
Islands' News
Top Headlines
Huge Demand at Bird Feeder Giveaway in Grand Case
9 years ago
Pearl FM
Islands' News
Port calls on all Stakeholders to be ready for RCL December return FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Thursday, October 26, 2017 PORT ST. MAARTEN – Royal Caribbean Line’s (RCL) announced mid-week that they will now be returning to the destination in December instead of November 5. Port St. Maarten Management encourages the business community and other stakeholders to remain steadfast in rebuilding the nation over the coming weeks in preparation for the first commercial cruise ship visit in December, adding that more can be accomplished since the destination has been given more time to make sure when the first cruise passengers visit, their experience will be a good one leading to a return visit. RCL said in a statement that they continue to be impressed with the progress the island is making to rebuild, but that the island needs a little more time to recover, and will be returning on December 17 with Grandeur of the Seas. RCL also said in their statement that the Oasis class vessels will return to the destination after the first of the year as more time is needed to repair the gangways that are specifically designed for these class of ships. A delegation from RCL recently met with Port St. Maarten Board, Management and Minister of Tourism & Economic Affairs Mellissa Arrindell-Doncher, about the recovery efforts that are underway since the passing of Hurricanes Irma and Maria. Port St. Maarten Management and Board briefed the RCL delegation earlier this month about the current state of affairs at the Dr. A.C. Wathey Cruise & Cargo Facilities. Information was also provided about the Great Bay Beach Promenade, the commercial center of Philipsburg, Front Street and other areas of interest from a tourism perspective. RCL Executives carried out a site visit as part of their destination readiness assessment to accept cruise passengers, and the availability of tours, shore excursions, shopping, beaches, and other cruise tourism related amenities. Royal Caribbean International is part of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is a global cruise vacation company that owns Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Pullmantur, Azamara Club Cruises and CDF Croisières de France, as well as TUI Cruises through a 50 percent joint venture. Together, these six brands operate a combined total of 43 ships with an additional six under construction contracts, and two on firm order. They operate diverse itineraries around the world that call on approximately 490 destinations on all seven continents. RCL is an award-winning global cruise brand with a 46-year legacy of innovation and introducing industry “firsts” never before seen at sea. The cruise line sails 23 of the world’s most innovative cruise ships calling on more than 288 destinations in 77 countries across six continents visiting the most popular destinations in Bermuda and the Caribbean, Europe, Canada and New England, Alaska, South America, Asia, and Australia and New Zealand.
9 years ago
Pearl FM
Islands' News
Dumping of road side debris is no longer allowed
9 years ago
Pearl FM
Islands' News
Gezaghèber interino ta topa ku doñonan di kas i kontratistanan. Riba djárason 25 di òktober gezaghèber interino di Sint Eustatius Julian Woodley i e tim direkonstrukshon a tene su promé buèlta di reunion ku doñonan di kas ku a sufri doño durante pasashi di orkan Irma i Maria. E promé reunion tabata enfoká riba e 12 kasonan di mas urgensia. Doñonan di kas a haña splikashon riba kon i ki ora rekonstrukshon di na kas lo tuma lugá. Riba djárason gezaghèber interino i e tim di rekonstrukshon a topa ku mas o ménos 14 kontratista pa informá nan di e ròl ku nan lo tin den e proseso di rekonstrukshon i reparashon di 80 kas ku a keda afektá durante pasashi di e orkannan den luna di sèptèmber. E rekonstrukshon lo tuma lugá den fase kaminda e 12 kasnan di mas krítiko lo keda atendé promé . E dañonan den mayoria kaso ta relashoná na daknan ku a kita parsialmente òf por kompleto. E ophetivo ta pa rekonstruí e daknan fuerte sufisiente pa soportá tormentanan den futuro. E rekonstrukshon aki no ta inkluí niun tipo di konstrukshon adishonal na e strukturanan eksistente pero si ta inkluí ku algun dak lo keda remplasá ku sement. E rekonstrukshon kompleto aki ta finansiá pa gobièrnu di Hulanda. Ta plania pa e materialnan di konstrukshon yega Sint Eustatius den transkurso di otro siman. Kontratistanan ku a kontratá pa hasi e trabou aki tambe ta risibí nan pago for di gobièrnu di Hulanda. E tim di rekonstrukshon ta konsistí di Mel Raboen de Sanchez Pacheco komo manager di proyekto, Edris Bennett kordinadó di desaster, Wim de Jong supervisor operashonal, Austin van Heyningen responsabel pa infrastruktura i ekonomia i Esmond Hook di e deportamentu di obra públiko. E tim aki lo traha huntu ku gezaghèber interino ku ta responsabel pa supervisá e proseso.
9 years ago
Pearl FM
Islands' News
Waarnemend Gezaghebber Sint Eustatius ontmoet huiseigenaren en aannemers
9 years ago
Pearl FM
Posts pagination
Previous
1
…
649
650
651
…
1,492
Next