ST JOHN’S, Antigua – Following news from the most recent International Cricket Council (ICC) Test Team Rankings, West Indies has added five points to move to 75.
Although still in eighth place, Director of Cricket, Jimmy Adams says, “I’m happy that the effort of the squad in the recent Test series vs Pakistan has been recognized in the gaining of valuable ranking points. Our long-term aim is to strengthen, over time, all relevant aspects of our game and one yardstick to measure our success will be where we lie in the international rankings. Well done to the team on this achievement.”
India, South Africa, Australia, England, New Zealand, Pakistan, Sri Lanka are the teams ahead of the West Indies.
The West Indies are now in preparation for International Home Series against Afghanistan, May 30 to June 14. Those matches will be three Twenty20s and three ODIs. Following that series, the home side will play five ODIs and one Twenty20 against India, June 23 to July 9.
The India series will offer the West Indies an opportunity to gain automatic qualification for the 2019 Cricket World Cup.
WI vs AFG
- Tuesday, May 30 President’s XI Warner Park
- Friday, June 2 1st T20I Warner Park
- Saturday, June 3 2nd T20I Warner Park
- Monday, June 5 3rd T20I Warner Park
- Friday, June 9 1st ODI Daren Sammy Cricket Ground
- Sunday, June 11 2nd ODI Daren Sammy Cricket Ground
- Wednesday, June 14 3rd ODI Daren Sammy Cricket Ground
WI vs IND
- Friday, June 23 1st ODI Queen’s Park Oval
- Sunday, June 25 2nd ODI Queen’s Park Oval
- Friday, June 30 3rd ODI Sir Vivian Richards Stadium
- Sunday, July 2 4th ODI Sir Vivian Richards Stadium
- Thursday, July 6 5th ODI Sabina Park
- Sunday, July 9 T20I Sabina Park