BTA Work Permit Last Call

Employers are reminded that they have one month left to renew the work permits for those employees who are holders of a BTA permit.

Employers must visit the Labor Affairs Department to process the request before the end of the month.


The Labor Affairs Department will handle all BTA Work Permit requests until Friday, November 30th 2012. Please take careful note that ALL payments orders, receipts from Receivers Office ( proof of payment processing fee) need to be submitted on or before Friday, November 30th 2012. We urge all employers to take keen note of this deadline, because absolutely no further handling or processing of BTA documents will be entertained passed the Friday, November 30th 2012 deadline. The last Payment Order ( invoice) for payment at the Receiver’s Office for the processing fee of the Work Permit will take place on Tuesday, November 27th 2012.

The employers of the aforementioned employees (on the island before 2005 ) who are in possession of an employment permit which expired in November 2011, or a payment receipt 2010/2011 and who did not receive their residence permit are urged to go to the Labor Affairs Department to apply.

Employers who have already paid their processing fee for the year 2012 ( therefore paid in 2011), and have non-nationals BTA holders which are still in their employ do not have to pay the processing fee again. The Employer should visit the Labor Affairs Department with the proof of application Employment Permit to initiate the processing of the employment permit.


Please note that the Labor Affairs Department only processes Work Permits on behalf of the Employer, and that the following employment permit procedure is applicable:

Regarding the Work permit:


Requirements for the Work permit are to be submitted by the EMPLOYER:

· Proof Labor Registration ( 2012)

· Vacancy Form completed

Application form completed

· Copy Labor Agreement ( with all relevant details)

· Tax income letter

· Copy receipts of tax payments including SZV etc.

· Copy passport of non-national ( valid)

· Recent passport picture

· Census Registration ( if applicable)

· Copy of the BTA Work permit

· Copy of the Residence permit ( if applicable)

· Proof of medical insurance

· Crib # of non-national

· Proof payment of processing fee

· Authorization form for person submitting application on behalf of employer

Regarding the residence permit:

All employees who are in possession of a proof of application employment permit 2011/ 2012, or a valid employment permit from their employer can go to the Immigration and Naturalization Services to apply for their residence permit.

This information is available online at – What’s New page.