Civil Registry calls on persons to update residential address if they have moved or overseas

For persons who have relocated overseas, these persons should get in contact with the Civil Registry Department to have their information updated. 

online casino

Persons who are still registered on the island, but have died while abroad, a family member is requested to visit the Civil Registry Department in order to have the persons file updated. The family member must declare the death with a legalized death certificate (apostille stamp).

Individuals who have moved from one address to another on the island are also requested to inform the Civil Registry Department.

The aforementioned requirements are based on Article 13 sub.2 of the Basic Administration Legislation AB 1999, nr.1 which says that registered individuals who have changed their address are responsible for ensuring that this information is given to the Civil Registry Department within five days. Persons who do not adhere to this are punishable by law.

For the January 22, 2010 Parliamentary elections, an amount of 1031 voting cards remained unclaimed. Probable reasons for this are: unknown address; relocation of the individual; or the person died.

Persons who did not collect their voting card are hereby advised to report to the department and verify their address.

For further information you can call the Civil Registry Department at 542-2457.